Welcome to Montessori Hills Academy
Children at Montessori Hills Academy will be encouraged to explore, investigate and fulfill their natural curiosity about the world around them. Under the guidance of our certified Montessori teachers, children will develop at their own pace and learn that school and learning can be a fun and exciting adventure… thus creating lifelong learners.
Montessori Hills Academy was founded in January 2007, with the objective of providing a high quality of education to our community. In 2010 our vision expanded to our current location, where we guide children ages 2-6. In 2011 we were happy to announce our success in forming a certification program for Montessori guides and being able to offer them the place needed to practice their internship. MHA is affiliated with the American Montessori Society and is accredited by MACTE, giving us the opportunity to offer the uppermost class of education. In 2019 we were given the “6 step” seal of the AMS Pathway of continuous School Imporovement, meaning that a 100% of our lead teachers holds a Montessori credential and MHA implements 4 core components.
Montessori Hills Academy Concepts
- Learning occurs in a cooperative and nurturing environment. Students will increase their own knowledge through self and teacher initiated experiences.
- Respect and caring attitudes for others, the environments, and all life, including oneself, are necessary and important.
- Learning utilizes all senses. Students will learn through manipulation of curriculum materials and through interaction with others.
- The individual is considered as a whole. The physical, social, emotional, spiritual, cognitive, and aesthetic needs and interests of the child are all equally important and must be inseparable.
Montessori Hills Academy Characteristics
- Teachers educated in the Montessori philosophy and methodology who have the ability, dedication, and passion to put the key concepts into practice.
- A multi-aged, multi-level group of students learning together.
- A diverse set of Montessori materials, activities, and experiences which are designed to foster physical, intellectual, creative, and social independence.
- A schedule that provides blocks of uninterrupted time to problem solve, to create new ideas, and to see the interdisciplinary connection of knowledge.
- Provide a classroom environment that encourages social interaction for cooperative learning, peer teaching, and emotional development.
- Allow children to learn at their own pace by providing individual and small group lessons.
To contribute to our society individuals who will demonstrate balance by way of thinking, feeling, and interacting, at the same time offering a quality education that will have a positive influence for many years to come, resulting in conscious, confident and successful adults.
To be a leading Montessori school, providing an exemplary education for children, teachers and parents, an education which is led by our personal commitment to restoring compassion and love. By example we hope to transcend this into our students and thus our society.
The universal value which guides us all is LOVE, which is essential in the physical, social and emotional development of children and anyone collaborating in their advancement. With love, it is easier to put into practice an environment of respect, tolerance, and empathy.
Our philosophy is based on the Montessori Method, where the classroom is merely the space provided to encourage autonomy, it is a child led atmosphere, and the teacher is only a guide. The classroom offers each child didactic material specialized for their developmental level.