Montessori Hills Academy
Children at Montessori Hills Academy will be encouraged to explore, investigate and fulfill their natural curiosity about the world around them. Under the guidance of our certified Montessori teachers, children will develop at their own pace and learn that school and learning can be a fun and exciting adventure… thus creating lifelong learners.
Montessori Hills Academy Characteristics
- Teachers educated in the Montessori philosophy and methodology who have the ability, dedication, and passion to put the key concepts into practice.
- A multi-aged, multi-level group of students learning together.
- A diverse set of Montessori materials, activities, and experiences which are designed to foster physical, intellectual, creative, and social independence.
- A schedule that provides blocks of uninterrupted time to problem solve, to create new ideas, and to see the interdisciplinary connection of knowledge.
- Provide a classroom environment that encourages social interaction for cooperative learning, peer teaching, and emotional development.
- Allow children to learn at their own pace by providing individual and small group lessons.
Montessori Hills Academy Concepts
- Learning occurs in a cooperative and nurturing environment. Students will increase their own knowledge through self and teacher initiated experiences.
- Respect and caring attitudes for others, the environments, and all life, including oneself, are necessary and important.
- Learning utilizes all senses. Students will learn through manipulation of curriculum materials and through interaction with others.
- The individual is considered as a whole. The physical, social, emotional, spiritual, cognitive, and aesthetic needs and interests of the child are all equally important and must be inseparable.